About North Georgia
We hear people mention "beautiful North Georgia Mountains" so often that we often take them for granted. From young to old, newcomers to life long residents, the area's scenic beauty eventually gets taken for granted to some degree. Because the natural scenic beauty is so often the focus, we sometimes forget about the other aspects that make this region such a spectacular place to live, work, and visit.
The mountains of North Georgia lie in the southern range of the Appalachian Mountains. This unique geographic position provides the area with a near perfect climate. Winters are cold enough for frequent light snow events but seldom produce paralyzing blizzards or dangerous cold snaps. The elevation and latitude keep the summers warm but bearable. Severe spring and summer storms and tornadoes usually fizzle when approaching the mountain areas. Subsequently, seldom does the North Georgia Mountain region see these devastating weather events.
The people are the greatest asset of the North Georgia Mountains. The integrity and hard work ethic of mountain people is known far and wide. People here often leave their doors unlocked, and still stop to help strangers. The region benefits from several colleges and universities, and highly rated accredited public schools.
Besides the many families that have made this area their home for generations, the area has become a haven for new comers in the last couple of decades. This is due to the scenic beauty, the people, affordable real estate prices, available modern conveniences, and proximity to key facilities in nearby Atlanta and Chattanooga. Recent commercial development has brought many of the conveniences of larger metropolitan areas to our region. These many aspects, combined with a very low crime rate, make our North Georgia Mountain region irresistible to residents and visitors alike!
- Oakland Hills Farm - Pasture Raised Hogs and Steers
- A family-owned farm in Gilmer County, Georgia raising healthy Tamworth and Berkshire hogs and Angus steers.
Building and Real Estate Services
- Cliff Lancey - Real Estate Attorney
- Law office of Clifford S. Lancey, practicing in Ellijay, Georgia since 1983.
- Mark Congdon Real Estate
- Mountain homes, log cabins, land, and gated community real estate for sale in North Georgia.
- RE/MAX Town & Country - Rachel Burden
- Land and property for sale in Ellijay Georgia. Search local MLS listings
- Soil evaluations in Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina
- Walter G. George, Soil Scientist in Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Modern Rustic Homes
- Custom home designers and builders with a focus on a "modern rustic" lifestyle.
- Coldwell Banker High Country Realty
- Blue Ridge Mountains real estate serving North Georgia and North Carolina.
- David Blizzard LLC
- Data recovery, backup solutions, server hard drive upgrades
Vacation Rentals and Adventure
- Southern Comfort Cabins
- Property management company in Blue Ridge Ga. Take the hassle out of renting your luxury mountain cabin.
- Ellijay River Outfitters
- Are you ready to experience a trip down the Cartecy River? Choose your vessel. Tubing and kayaking trips are one low price that includes all of your gear and transportation.